'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Monday, April 04, 2005

Weekend Notes

~I went to the wedding with J this weekend. She was in the wedding because it was her sister-in-law's wedding. 2 things of note about the wedding:
  1. the bride is really really pretty and the guy...eh...not so much. It was like that show, King of Queen's--a chubby, not real good looking man with a thin, pretty woman. J had mentioned this to me earlier, so I wasn't totally caught off guard. I guess it *can* happen in real life... I feel bad even mentioning this because it shouldn't matter what you look like--it's what's on the inside, right? Just an observation...
  2. even though I didn't really know the couple (just in passing--at functions with J), the ceremony still touched me. When they said their vows to each other, you could feel their genuine love and commitment to each other. Very touching...

~I went on a date yesterday (with a new guy, not the previous guy). It went really really well. We went to dinner, got some coffee, and then a movie. He is nice, interesting, smart, cute, around my age, easy to talk to, we have a lot in common...all in all, a GREAT date! When I say "around my age"...he's 3 years younger. I've vowed that I wouldn't date anyone younger than me after one of my previous relationships, but *this* guy might be different. We'll see where this goes, but I'm optimistic... :)

~Due to said date, only got like 2 hours sleep last night. Got home late after the movie and got up at my usual time to go to the gym. I'm actually no worse for the wear...but I'm sure it'll catch up to me as the day goes on...

~A's friend had a miscarriage this weekend. That's all we've been talking about this morning. I don't' really know her, but I sorta do...I'm so sorry for her and her husband. What do/can you say? I'll be thinking about her...

~We had a sales meeting this morning...pointless! We were told that we HAD to come to the weekly sales meetings...but why??? A waste of an hour...

No comments: