'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Don't wish it away...

Today is a co-worker's 40th birthday (and my nephew's 3rd), so we were all gathered in the kitchen for his cake. One of the women said, "You're catching up with me. I'm 41 almost 42. Wow--only 8 years til I'm 50!" And I commented, "R--that is more than 8 YEARS away!!! That is a long time! Don't wish your life away like that!"

I post this because it got me thinking... All of us do this to some extent. Even though I was berating her for "wishing her life away," I do this too.

I'll wait til ___ to do that...
I'll wait til ___ to use that...
I'll do that *after* I buy a house...
etc.

Why not now? Why wait? Enjoy it now!

One of my favorite quotes:
Life it too short--Live in the NOW!

P.S. Geez there have been alot of birthdays lately! Too much cake...but it was soooo good...yum...

No comments: