'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Bad news...the big D

Ok...so I got some bad news last night. It seems that my sister is headed for the big D--divorce. A little history:

My sis and her husband started dating when she was a senior and he was a junior in high school. They dated/lived together during college and got married when she graduated. So, they've been married for about 6 years (or 7) but have been together for 10 years or so. They had my niece 4 years ago and all was well. She became pregnant with my nephew, and about 7 months or so into her pregnancy was when it all started. My sister found out that he had been "seeing" a woman from work. He went on business trips to Baltimore every now and then, and this woman was there from another branch. Nothing had happened beyond a kiss (so he says...), but all of this surfaced at this time. My sister was distraught...but they tried to work through it. He promised that it meant nothing...that he would change...that he loved her...blah blah blah. Well, the trust had already been broken, so it has never really been the same since. She honestly loved him, but it all changed at that point. She didn't trust him fully anymore and didn't know if she ever could/would. When I found out about this, I was irrate on the phone with him...using every cuss word in the book (if you know me, I don't cuss...at ALL...I have to be really REALLY mad). I've never felt the same way towards him, but I'm nice to him just because he's her husband. Apparently, the issue of divorce comes up every now and then. Well, it came to a decision last night. It was a calm discussion, but as of last night, they are gonna go through with it...

I haven't been able to stop thinking about this since last night. My mom couldn't tell me any details because my niece was right there with her, but I'm gonna get all of the info tonight. I just hope they have thought this through FULLY... Counseling? Just separate for a while? I don't think people should stay together JUST for the kids, but...I just don't know...

They are only 28...the kids are only 3 and 4...have they thought about holidays...custody...birthdays...all the details??? I've never thought they were the "perfect" couple, but I never thought that they would get divorced. You never think that someone you know is going to get divorced. If I'm thinking about this *this* much, I can't imagine how my sister is...

I'm rambling...I'm sorry...

No comments: