'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Thursday, April 07, 2005

DST

***a note about this post: I'm as un-racist as they come...this is just a funny story that I had to share***

A's mom is still up helping out with the baby. Her mom comes up with the craziest, funniest, off-the-wall things! She's southern to the core and is set in her ways. They've always lived in Valdosta...so, any stereotypes of REAL southern people that you've heard apply to this family.

This is what A's mom had to say about Daylight Savings Time:

A's mom: I don't like DST...why'd those black people have to mess everything up?!
A: Mom, what do black people have to do with DST???
mom: Well, they didn't want to get on the bus after dark, so that's why we have DST. They get everything they want!
A: ***baffled***

HAHAHAHAH!!!! This *has* to be one of the funniest, irrational things that I've ever heard!

2 comments:

Chris said...

I read an article that congress is attempting to pass a law that extends DST by two months. Who will A's mom blame then??

Stephen said...

HA! You know, she'll come up with something! Something off the wall, of course...