'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Got Gas?

I have to preface this post with a few points. I've had my SUV for almost 2 months now and it has the DTE (Drive til Empty) button. I'm obsessed with this button! I push it just for kicks. Sometimes it'll say I have 200 miles and then a minute later it'll say I have 212 miles til empty. It's very sporadic and isn't the most accurate function, but the manual says that it gives the "approximate miles til empty--other factors excluded."

Well, on my way home from work yesterday, I noticed that I was getting low on gas, but I knew that I had enough to get the gym this morning. I was just gonna get gas on my way from the gym to work at this station that is really cheap and on the way.

On my way to the gym this morning, I kept pushing the button just to see where I was at. (On my first full-time job out of college, I ran out of gas on my way back from lunch and had to call my boss to bring me some gas. All this is to say, I know what it feels like to run out of gas...) It would be 45, then 35, then 42, then 33, etc. So, as I got closer and closer to the gym, it went from 45 to 34 to 20 to 12 to... When it got to 8, I started to panic. So, I just decided to get gas on my way to the gym, despite the higher price I knew I would pay (I've become a gas price freak now that I have an SUV--LOL). Getting off at the exit, it was down to 5. When I pulled into the gas station, it was down to #! Yes, #!!! THAT isn't even a number!

Whew! Just made it...

***I paid $1.95 and the station I intended to go to was $1.91. Oh well...***

5 comments:

Big Fat Chad said...

$1.91!?!? $1.91?!?! where the hell are you buying gas!!!?!? and you're mad you bought it for $1.95!?!?! I'm happy if i can find anything under $2.20! :)

Stephen said...

Ha! Yeah, the $1.91 is off of Windy Hill in Marietta. It's the cheapest ANYWHERE! (I work in Marietta)

Big Fat Chad said...

-BigFatChad scratches his chin and ponders for a moment. "hmmmm...Windy Hill...not too far of a drive for cheap gas...hmmmm"-

Stephen said...

Well, if you DO make the drive OTP (gasp--LOL), it is the Conoco carwash/gas station off of Windy Hill. A friend and I went out to lunch and she filled up for the $1.91. Ya better hurry before they catch on that they are way cheaper...

Stephen said...

BUT...that is a $0.29 difference--a saving of $4.64 (based on a 16 gallon fill-up, $2.20 vs $1.91) 6 of one kind, half a dozen of another, I guess...

But for me, it's not out of the way:)