'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Word of Mouth

Word of mouth is probably an advertiser's most successful, effective tool. Just think about it...think of things that you are very passionate about or that you like a lot. If it comes up in conversation, you are the first one to chime in with your personal experiences with said topic. We become advocates for the advertiser/product without directly meaning to. Some of these for me are:

~Apple products
~...(iPod's specifically)
~Nike Shox
~Dri-fit anything
~The Amazing Race
~iTunes

...and more I can't think of right now...

The reason I bring this up is because I have become CBS's The Amazing Race's biggest advertising sponsor. I started watching it after my sister told me I would love it. Her certainty of my love for the show made me curious, so I watched the first episode of last season's show. I fell hookline and sinker after that first episode! Well, A, M, and I come in each morning and catch up with each other's previous night's events, tv viewing, etc. Well, I kept on telling them how great the show is, so they decided to give it a try.

M got hooked last season.

A came in today and told me that she is hooked on it now, too.

CBS, you can just send the checks to my home address:)

No comments: