'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

THE best feeling

I stopped by my sister's house on my way home from work to pick up the recording of last weeks Amazing Race episode (I missed it last week due to my Bike Maintenace 101 class that I took at REI). When I walked in, both my niece and nephew stopped what they were doing and ran towards me at full-force. They both ran smack into my legs and put their arms around them. Both of them were yelling, "Uncle's here, uncle's here!!!"

That is the thing about kids--they make you feel like you are the ONLY person that they want to see. They have a way of making you feel like you mean the most to them and that they are genuinely ecstatic to see you. Kids do this because this is the way they truly and honestly feel. They have no other motives.

Wouldn't it be nice if we all acted like kids? Just a thought...

No comments: