'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Monday, March 21, 2005

Green beer, good friends

You know how the scenario goes...once you finish college, it becomes harder and harder to stay in touch with friends. It shouldn't be this way, but life just sorta gets in the way. You have those friends that you weren't really close with (the one's that you know you really won't stay in contact with) and then there are the ones that you know will be in your life after college. Even those friends are hard to stay in touch with on a regular basis. Well, I went to go visit one of those friends this weekend. She and I used to be together ALL the time. I met her my sophomore year--she lived right across the hall from me--, and we have been best friends ever since.

I graduated a year before her (I did the 4 year plan and she did the 5.5 year plan--LOL) and started my job, etc. After she graduated, she got married and has moved several times because her husband, a guy that I really like and know is good to her, is in the Army. (***examples of how life gets in the way***) He has been in Iraq for the past 2 months, so she's been a little lonely. It's been hard since it's a new town to her, but she has made some friends at work and with other military wives.

Being St. Patty's Day weekend in Savannah, it was a little crazy. I'd never been down there for the festivities, but it was definitely a good time. Green fountains, live bands, cheap beer, beads galore, "girls gone wild" wannabe's, hippies...what else could you ask for?!?! We hung out with her friends, looked at the shops along Riverfront, went to a nice dinner, went bar-hopping on Riverfront and the surrounding area, went to a BBQ, and just had fun visiting with each other. I also ran into an old friend from high school and college while I was down there, too! Whodathunkit?!?!

Even though the visit was too short, it was spent reminiscing with a good friend, making new memories, drinking too much, meeting new people, and a promise to visit VERY soon! Good times...:)

No comments: