'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Car Watch

Some people like to people watch. Others like to bird watch. I, on the other hand, like to car watch. Let me explain... I will be driving down the road, and when a car passes, I unconsciously and automatically look at their license plate.

What state are they from?
If from Georgia, what county?

For example, the same car from Cobb county went to Savannah with me on Friday afternoon. He was a man who looked to be in his late 30's and drove a Saturn.

Is he going down for St. Patty's Day?
Does he have family there?
Visiting friends?

And then this morning, I saw a car from Bibb county here in Cobb county.

Does he work in Cobb County?
Does he commute everyday?!
Visiting?

And so it goes...you get the idea...

You can also learn a lot about people from their cars. The make and model says a lot just in itself.

Honda--reliable
Jeep--adventurous, outdoorsy, rugged
Nissan--stylish
Chevy--all American
Ford--plain (LOL)
luxury brand cars--high maintenance, status conscience

Sports car--sexy, spontaneous, speed-lover
SUV--adventurous, outdoorsy, maybe a wannabe of the 2
Sedan--practical
Minivan--family oriented

Also, some people let you know what they "stand" for. Breast cancer, Support the Troops, "Honor Roll Parent," bumper stickers with sayings, Human Rights stickers, their political affiliation, etc.

A person's car says a lot about them. What does yours say about you? Give it a whirl the next time you're driving.

***can you tell I drive a lot?

No comments: