'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Random $#!+

~I went out with a couple of friends this past Saturday night. We were all just standing around drinking at one of our favorite "drinking holes" just chatting it up. Throughout the night, I had noticed that a group of 3 guys kept looking at me and my group of friends. Whatever. So, on one of my trips to the bar, I saw a guy take my picture. After he took it, he came up to me and asked if he could take another one. He said he was with a local magazine (yeah right!...with a non-professional camera? NOT!) and wanted to take some more pictures of the night life. I kindly told him no, but he kept insisting. While arguing/talking with this guy, the group of 3 guys were standing behind me and "rescued" me. I talked with them for a bit and they bought me a drink. Long story short, I exchanged numbers with one of them and I went back to my group of friends. Well, on Tuesday night, I get a call from the guy. We talked for a bit and I commented on how it seemed like he was with one of the other guys with him that night. He reluctantly confirmed my suspicion and we chatted some more about it. I asked him how long they had been together, etc. He told me that it probably wasn't a good idea that he called me because his bf wouldn't like it. I asked him, "If I can be blunt...why, then, did you call me? No straight-forward answer, just that he wanted to make sure I had his number. WTF?!?!

~I've noticed that I'm much more of a loner than I ever thought I was. The older I get, the more this is confirmed. I've always had a lot of friends, but how many out of those friends would I ever call on if I needed to? I can only think of a couple. Is this bad? I was always used to having a close-knit "group" of friends growing up and throughout college. Is this just the natural progression as you get older? I dunno...

~The statement "Mind Over Matter" *is* sooo true. Before I moved, I woke up at a crazy early hour to drive without any traffic to go workout before work. I did this for about a year and never missed a day. The biggest deterrent was traffic. I knew that if I *did* miss a day, then I would be caught in rush hour traffic...and I wasn't going to do that. Well, since I've moved back intown, I can't seem to get my @$$ out of bed in the mornings! Without the major deterrent of traffic, I have no real reason to get up early cause I can always workout after work. I've lived in my place for a little less than a month, and I can count the number of early morning workouts on both hands...so sad. It really IS mind over matter.

No comments: