'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Friday, August 12, 2005

Shenanigans

When I was still the “new guy” here at work, people thought I was shy, quiet, etc. HA! When people got to know me, they found out otherwise. See, I started working with my company about 2.5 years ago, but the first 1.5 years of that was spent on-site at my client’s office as a rep. for my company. When I moved back up to my company’s office, I was considered the “new guy,” even though I’d been with the company for 1.5 years at that point. All of this is to say that I had to get to know everyone like I had started a new job. Anyway, before I became friends with the now absent A and M, I would go eat sushi once a week at a favorite local sushi restaurant. When A and I became friends, she refused to eat sushi. In an attempt to get her to try it, I told her that she could always order one of their “normal” dishes. She reluctantly agreed to go and over time, she became to like sushi. Now that she’s left, L is my new sushi partner.

*I am going somewhere with this…*

When I would go to this sushi restaurant by myself, I usually had the same waitress. She speaks very broken up English, so I just smile and nod like I understand what she’s saying (like most men do when women talk, right—LOL, JK). Anyway, she would flirt with me…ewww! Not that the idea of a woman flirting with me is “ewww,” but it’s the fact that *she* was flirting with me. First off, the broken up English. Secondly, she has breath that kills plants when she breathes. Ewww…

So, when A started going with me, I noticed a huge difference in the way the waitress acted. She no longer tried to talk to me nearly as much as she used to, and if she did, it was when A was at the bathroom or not at the table. A and I thought this was funny, so we would play along with her. A would put her head on my shoulder or put her arm around my waist or the like to make it look like we were going out. The waitress even asked me if we did! (when A was at the bathroom!—I told her no…)

So, this has been an ongoing joke amongst us (L now, too). Little does the waitress know that she’s not my type…for more reasons than one…

L and I are meeting A today for lunch to make our waitress jealous one last time before A moves…

No comments: