'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Saturday, June 25, 2005

What a year can do...

Isn't it crazy how much can happen in a year? It amazes me everytime I think about it. You grow, you learn, you live, you experience new things, you learn more about yourself and about others...I could go on. Here are some things that have changed with me in the past year:

~I had not even thought about triathlons. I'd heard of them, but my love and awe of them had yet to surface.
~I "moved up" at work.
~I have become friends with some great people.
~I'm not friends with some people anymore. The ones that you "grow apart" from aren't really friends.
~I hadn't raced in a couple of years due to my focus on work.
~Because I hadn't raced, I hadn't won the medals that I now have.
~I have a *little* more direction now.
~I've realized some passions in my life.
~The older I get, the more I discover that my mom is an amazing woman.
~I've reunited with some great friends.
~I realize that there is more to life than going out every weekend.
~I can challenge myself and be good at whatever I challenge myself in.
~I don't have to be dating someone to be happy.
~I have a more clear understanding of what things are important to me.

I know that these kind of posts are typically written for the new year, but I decided to do a mid-year evaluation. Here's to more in the coming year:)

No comments: