'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Benny the Beta

Is it bad that my longest relationship since college is with...

...

...my fish??? I got him when I got my first apartment out of college. It was the first place that I had all to myself--no roomates. I wanted to get a pet, but I didn't feel like I could/should get a dog. I'm not a cat person. So, I decided on a Beta fish. When I got him, all of my friends told me that they only live a couple of months max. Well, here we are 3 years later and Benny is still with me:) He's seen 3 apartments/houses, I've never argued with him, he's a considerate roommate, etc. What more can you ask for?

4 comments:

Chris said...

you might have just inspired me to go get a pet fish.

Stephen said...

THE best roommate ever! Do it!

natalie said...

i starved my beta fish to death on purpose. sorry angela if you're reading this. i couldn't handle the commitment anymore.

Stephen said...

Natalie! Curses to you and KILLING your beta!!! On another note...commitment issues, eh? We all have them...