'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Saturday, June 18, 2005

I'm over it, why aren't y'all???

I went out with some friends last night. I had dinner with a friend (T) and I was gonna call it a night, but that didn't happen. Some of my other friends (M and D) were already out and begged me to come meet them. It was already 10:30, so I decided to just go and meet them for a couple of drinks. I met them and chatted for a bit before I went to go get a drink. When I went to the bar, I saw 2 guys (S1 and S2) that I hadn't seen in forever! S2 in 2, almost 3, years and S1 in over a year. We started catching up and they asked why they hadn't seen me. This is where it gets sticky... You see, they were friends that I met through my ex, J. When you break up with someone, the friends sorta naturally follow the one they were friends with first. This being said, they didn't buy it.

S1: "We are YOUR friends, too!"
*pause*
S2: "Well, I just want to let you know that J is going to meet us here in a little while..."
Me: "OK...so? S2, it's been almost 3 years since we broke up!"
S2: "Really, it's been THAT long???"
Me: "Yup..."
S1: "Yup..."

This just baffles me... I mean, it's been almost 3 years since J and I broke up! I'm so over it. J is over it. We are both adults. It baffles me that people still feel like they have to "warn" me if J is going to be there. People, get over it! I am.

Oh, J never showed up.

No comments: