'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Monday, July 25, 2005

Playing detective

I've been at my new place for 2 weeks this Thursday. While this is still a short amount of time, I've made 2 odd observations:

~There are 2 cars that NEVER move! It doesn't matter what time of day or night it is, they are ALWAYS there. Just odd...
~I've yet to meet any of my immediate neighbors. The girl to the left of me (I'm assuming she's a girl because maintenance was fixing her ice maker and I looked in her unit as I was leaving mine. The unit was furnished with "girlie" things--I guess it *could* be a gay guy, but what are the chances?) is NEVER there! I think I might have seen signs of occupancy once, but I'm not sure. Her blinds are always closed and the lights off. I mean, you would think we would have crossed paths at least once in almost 2 weeks. Same with the unit to the right of me, but I'm not as sure about that one cause there are no visual signs that anyone lives there. The one to the left of me has chairs, plants, a table, and a door mat on her patio entrance. Odd...

Could these 2 observations be related??? Maybe the owners of the 2 cars that never move are the occupants of the units on either side of me...hrmmm...

Am I onto something? Hrmmm...

7 comments:

Chris said...

Here's what has happened here. Just before you moved in, the person on your right was planning on moving in with the person on your left. That explains the emptiness of the apartment to your right. Right after you moved in, the girl that lived on your left developed an insatiable crush on you. This made former right side neighbor very very angry and jealous. To remedy the situation, the jealous boyfriend (former right side neighbor)took left side neighbor for a walk through Piedmont park last week where he proceeded to murder left side neighbor. However, for an alibi, jealous boyfriend called in a service request to have the ice maker repaired that same day.

After realizing that the woman he loved was gone, he became sad and decided to end his own life as well. No one has reported that they are missing because none of their neighbors ever bothered to introduce themselves. Therefore, it is up to you, Stephen, to notify the authorities because the victim's families have a right to know.

It's all rather obvious, I don't know why you didn't figure this out on your own.

Stephen said...

Ahhh...it all makes sense now! Hince why both their cars never move! Man, it just takes someone like you, Chris, to put all the pieces together!

***as a side note, the girl on my left was there last night--I saw the light on. Dun dun dun! So, for your hypothesis to work, who do you pressume was in the unit?***

Kurt said...

The girl on the left has undoubtedly peaked into your apartment and thought "Oh good - a girl has moved in next door!"

Stephen said...

Nope, sorry Kurt--whoever you are--I don't have "girlie" furnishings.

Chris said...

Open your eyes, dear Stephen, it is her twin sister. The twin that is still alive (Alexa) was switched at birth and spent the last 10 years trying to find her twin sister. She finally tracked her down, but when she did, she found out that her twin sister was incredibly rich and also had been in search of the long lost twin. The now dead twin had left all of her possessions to Alexa, even though the twin didn't know who Alexa was. When Alexa learned this fact, she figured out how to get rid of her newfound twin so that she could inheret all of the money.

That is where Stephen comes into the picture. Alexa secretly plotted to get Stephen to buy the condo in the middle of the two lovers, knowing full well that no one would be able to resist him. Sure enough, after Stephen moved in, the plan worked just as Alexa planned and now Alexa has inhereted all property and cash that the former left-side neighbor had.

Maybe I should start writing novels...or at least soap operas.

Stephen said...

Yeah, you have an incredibly active mind--no need in wasting it...make some mulah!

Anonymous said...

I just ran across "Playing detective" while conducting some research on various Detective sites. Even though it wasn't really what I was searching for, I think the people who visit your site might still be interested in reading our reviews of various sites including Detective. I started creating these review sites to help people determine what's good and what's bad on the net. As you know, the more information people have before spending their hard earned money, the better. Your readers can even add their opinions for others to read. By the way, I enjoyed reading the posts on your site.