'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Sunday, July 17, 2005

MIA

Ok, so I know I've been MIA lately, but I have a good reason for that. I've been really really busy. Ok, ok...I know what you're saying..."1GAR, we're all busy." ...and I hear that, but I honestly have been busy. I took 2 days off at the end of last week, so that made the 3 days of work extremely busy. PLUS...I became a homeowner! I took those days off for closing and general moving. So, since Thursday's closing, I've been busy packing, moving, and unpacking. I never realized how stressful, detailed, frustrating, or rewarding becoming a homeowner was. The Uhaul reservation was all messed up, closing lasted almost 2 hours cause they were running late, I had to "schedule" the move around the freakin' rain, gas pumps not working, essentially moving everything myself (my bro-in-law helped with the big items, that's it), having a 2-5 cable appt on Saturday and finally showing up at 5:30, spending WAY too much money...need I go on? Needless to say, it was not the smoothest move, but I'm finally done! So, I'm back to normal now...somewhat.

So, since I've been busy moving, some of my friends called me up Friday night to go out. I decided to take a break from unpacking and meet them out for a couple of drinks. I was told that J would be there, so I thought that this would be a good chance for everyone to see that we are SOOO ok with being around each other. I had a blast that night. We all just caught up and talked and drank and played pool and drank and drank--LOL. After we had "played" all the pool that we could handle, we all had the dancing bug. So, we went out dancing. I hadn't been out dancing in FOREVER! Good times.

It's very odd how one certain "event" can put everything into perspective. Let me explain. While we were out dancing, J did something that made me realize how over it I am with all of it...he had a cigarette... I know that this isn't a *huge* deal, but it is to me. First off, WHY??? Secondly, gross! Thirdly, he knows how against it I am. Forth, OVER IT! I've often wondered how I would react if the idea of us getting back together was ever presented. I now know how I would react...

1 comment:

Big Fat Chad said...

Congrats on the new place!!! Welcome to the club!! :)