'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Oh, what a gay night!

Since I've moved back to Midtown, I've made a pact with myself to try new things and broaden my horizons. I think I was getting too complacent with how my life was before I moved up to Gainesville. For me, it was nice to get away from the city and just reflect on me and certain aspects of my life. (I know, I know--blah blah blah, but it's true) Don't get me wrong, I'm VERY VERY glad to be back in Midtown, but I honestly believe that everything happens for a reason and that getting away has done me some good.

Well, last night was the first venture in the horizons of 1Gar being broadened. A friend invited me to go with him to a dinner function here in Atlanta. It's called "The Gay Supper Club"...or something like that. I had heard about this before from another friend, but I'd just never made the effort and gone to an event. This club meets once a month and you get a pre-selected variety of hors de vours, appetizers, salad, entree, and dessert for a set price (excluding alcohol or drinks). They know that gay men love to drink, so this is where they make the moolah--LOL. They pick a different place every month at a "in" Midtown restaurant or a near by neighborhood--nothing OTP *gasp*. It's a really good deal, a great way to meet other people, fun, social, etc. Well, my friend and I ventured off to Dish last night. He had gone to one event before, but I was a "virgin" and everyone makes sure to call you out as a first timer. Even though it's like a gay bar with a meal inserted in the agenda, it's an alternative way to meet new people. You basically meet about an hour before the set dinner time to mingle and meet new people. The tables are arranged so that you sit with a group of people, so you can sit with whoever you came with and/or with totally new people. It was a good time and the meal was awesome! We sat out on the patio and the weather couldn't have been better. My friend and I separated ourselves from the people we knew and sat with total strangers. I met some cool guys, had a blast, got an awesome meal for an even more awesome price, caught up with some acquaintances, and just "let loose" for a night without the bar scene.

I shall go again:)

No comments: