'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Isn't it Ironic?

Why is it that you always want what you can't have? On my commute home this afternoon, my cell phone was not working. I don't know if it was T.S. Cindy, T-Mobile service, or what, but I was not able to get a signal for over 30 minutes. I drive this route everyday and never have a problem with service. Normally, I drive home listening to my iPod or the radio. I like to take that time to unwind from the day and not chat it up on the phone. Mind you, I'm not opposed to it, but I'm just not one of those who has to have the cell phone attached to my ear when I enter my car. Well, I kept trying and trying, but to no avail. I was wondering if I had forgotten to pay my bill and T-Mobile might have stopped service, but no--I had paid it already. Finally, my phone became operable! Success! So, from that point on, I chatted it up on the phone with friends--LOL.

This little mishap got me thinking about other areas where this applies. Por ejemplo...

~When you just HAVE to get online when your cable modem is temporarily not working.
~You just have to have Chik-fil-A on a Sunday.
~You just have to wear a shirt that is dirty.
~You just have to buy the overpriced jeans just because they don't have your size.

...and the list could go on forever. Sorta like Alanis Morisette's song "Ironic"...

No comments: