'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Monday, July 18, 2005

A day in the life of a housewife

I'm taking today and tomorrow off just to sorta tidy up all the loose ends of moving and to just "chill" in my new place. It was nice. I slept til 9:30--when I normally would have been up at 4:15 to go to the gym. I then leisurely got ready to go to the gym. I did my normal training and started making some observations. The gym was not dead like I thought it would be. It was rather busy. Housemoms, the self-employed, people playing "hookie", the college kids, the high school kids, the elderly/retired, etc. While I am a regular early in the morning, it was nice to see some new faces. It was more humbling, really. To see all these different types of people working out--I love it! Early in the morning, it is all the same--people working out before work.

I then ventured to Ikea. I had gone once before during lunch on a Friday--big mistake! Let me just preface all of this by saying that department stores overwhelm me. I'm not a big shopper normally, so a place like Ikea is a bit like a kid at Walt Disney--overwhelming and exciting all at once. So, I decided to just start at the beginning and walk through the whole store--what else did I have to do on my day off? :) Like any other project or job--take it little by little and it doesn't overwhelm you as much. I mosied along the maze of rooms like a mouse looking for cheese. I saw many things I wanted, but alas, my eyes were bigger than my wallet. After finishing the "showroom", I made a pitstop at the cafe and enjoyed a delectable meal--fuel for the lower part of the store! Off to the lower level of goodness:) All in all, I got out of there with a desk, entertainment stand, 2 floating nightstands, doormat, trashbag caddy thingy, and some other knick-knacks. Trust me, I coulda really gone to town, but I refrained. While I was there, I also people-watched--much like the gym.

***note to self--either become a housemom or self-employed***

Upon arriving back at the condo, I assembled the desk, entertainment stand, and nightstands with relative ease:) It feels good to have every single box gone! Ahhhh...

No comments: