'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Validation

Late night call from my friend Matt last night:

Matt: Hey, you'll never guess who I just got finished hanging out with...
Me: Oh lord...who?
Matt: Well, I went to Burkhart's with a friend and saw Justin and...Chris there.
Me: Oh lord...
Matt: No, it was good. Chris told me that he's done with drugs and that he's trying to clean up his life up. When we left, he gave me a hug and said, "I'm really sorry for how I treated you toward the end...I hope you're not bitter because of it..." 1GAR, I never thought I'd hear him say those words...
Me: Wow...I can't either. That was very big of him. It takes a lot to be able to say that...
Matt: (voice a little shaky)...yeah...it meant a lot. I mean, I'm totally over him, but it's just nice to finally hear him say that.
Me: Yeah, it's good to get that validation...


You could tell that it really meant a lot to Matt to hear Chris say that. He got the "validation" that he's been looking for since their relationship ended almost 2 years ago. Most of us never get that validation, hince why people become bitter and jaded. I laid in my bed feeling happy for him. I know how much Chris messed up his life.

If only we could all get our validation...

No comments: