'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Makes ya think

Here’s a quote from The Most Unfabulous Social Life of Ethan Green:

Punch: “I realized tonight that I’m sooo not over you. Some guy told me it would take a couple of months…”
Ethan: “He was lying. The truth is that you never get over people. You’re life goes on, but there’s always a part of you that still loves them…and yearns for them…wishes you got it right the first time…”

This quote struck me in a funny way. On one hand, it’s sooo true…but on the other hand, I hate to think that it’s really true. Do you really never get over people? Will you always love them…yearn for them…wish you got it right the first time with them?

As much as I hate to admit it…I think it IS true…

2 comments:

G said...

I think that's very true.

What I wonder sometimes is whether the reason we can never completely get over a past lover is that, even if just for a short time, they gave us the comfort of knowing that we wouldn't leave this world as alone and frightended as we came into it. The feeling that there's this person with whom you can let down your guard and engage as if engaging yourself may be what we really miss - maybe not the actual person, but the feeling and the experience. Eh, or maybe I'm just hungover.

bert said...

hi i was just looking for that quotation, couldnt find subtitles anywhere and needed in in the right form:)

so thank ya:)
funny that u wrote that post SOOOOOOO long ago:)
anyway,
cheers;)