'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

1GAR and Guys

What is up with me and meeting the wrong guys? Here are 2 examples since last Friday...

Example #1:
One of my co-workers stopped me as I passed her desk. Her daughter and one of her friends had come to visit her on Monday. As I passed, she stopped me...

Co-worker: Hey 1GAR, How old are you?
Me: 26...
Co-worker: Well, my daughter's friend wanted me to give you this...
***hands me a post-it note with his name and number***
He's 18. He saw you pass by ealier and thought you were cute.
Me: Is this the same guy from the Christmas party?
Co-worker: No, that's someone else.
Me: Ok...well...thanks...
***walks off chuckling***


Yes, you read right...the same daughter had another friend who gave me his number.
First thought: Does her daughter only hang out with gay guys?
Second thought: He's 18 for goodness saked! Too young! Flattering, but no thanks.

Example #2:
I went out with some friends last Friday night. While out, I saw another friend that I knew, so I went up and talked to him for a bit. He introduced me to his friends and we all hung out. As the night progressed, one of his friends wanted to get my number so we could hang out. He seemed nice, so I gave it to him.

***fast forward to yesterday afternoon***

Charlie: Hey 1GAR, this is Charlie from the other night. Ron's friend...
Me: Oh hey! How are you?
Charlie: I'm good, I just wanted to call and see what was up.
Me: I'm good...just at work right now. Can I call you back later?
Charlie: Sure...
Me: Ok, talk to you soon!
Charlie: Ok, bye.


***fast forward to later that evening at home after my run***

Text message from Charlie:
I would really like to hang out with you soon.

So, I text back, "Sure. Sounds good."
Then he texts, "Cool. You seem really nice and I want to get to know you."
A couple of seconds later: "Plus, would love to see that sexy, hot bod of yours!"

Delete.

WTF?!?!?! Can I not meet normal guys around my age? That's not too much to ask, is it? And if I do meet someone that meets those minimal criteria, then something else goes wrong. Like the guy that I went out with a couple of times a few weeks ago. He and I got along, he was "normal", cute, etc. Only thing is...all he was interested in was sex. I wouldn't put out, so I haven't heard back from him.

*These* are the types of guys I meet. Maybe it's me. Maybe it's the universe. I dunno...I give up.

2 comments:

Single Guy said...

I went through a phase of meeting unemotionally available men! hang in there.

Stephen said...

Oh yes, there are plenty out there!