'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Just 1 more mile...

Anyone who knows me knows that I love to run. Seriously. I've been running since I was in 8th grade, so it's just second nature to me. It's something that has always been the "rock" in my life. No matter what mood I'm in or what's going on in my life, I always feel better after a good run. Well, this past Thanksgiving morning was my 2nd marathon. Here are the results:

3 hrs 16 min 22 sec
6th in my age group
36th overall ! ! !
(out of 449 men/569 total)

I'm only 6 minutes away from qualifying for Boston! I honestly got so overwhelmed when I finished that I almost teared up. Almost. All the training, all the time put into it, all of it was worth it.

Yes, running is my addiction...and this just took it to another level.

4 comments:

Brad said...

That's quite an accomplishment. Since I'm a smoker, (I know, I know, eww, gross and all that stuff.) it's a goal I could never achieve.

In other words: You go, boy!

Stephen said...

Thanks, Brad! Yeah, I'm really stoked about it (still)lol.

G said...

Congrats, man. Especially since it's just your second marathon.

Stephen said...

Thanks, G! Yeah, now my goal is to qualify for Boston! Maybe I'll do the NYC Marathon next year, too:)