'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Monday, August 14, 2006

Would ya like a mint?

You know the scenario: You and a friend are talking at a bar when someone that you both haven't seen in a while walks by. He stops to exchange pleasantries and then goes on his way. Your friend turns to you and says, "If I EVER have breath like that, you'd BETTER tell me!" To which I respond, "Oh trust me, I will! And you'd better do the same!"

This brings me to my point. Does said friend really want you to tell him if he has bad breath? This little scenario popped into my head twice this weekend. Once while catching up with a friend at a bar and the other when a friend met 3 of us for a movie. At what point are you being offended opposed to being offensive?

Just for the record, I would definitely want to be told if my breath is offensive! I'll prolly be a little embarrassed, but it's better than going up to someone that you think is cute and being offensive.

No comments: