'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Man! I feel like a [old]man!

Despite my pulled butt muscle/pinched nerve, my workout routines haven't been affected at all. I can still lift weights, run, bike, and swim. Well, I decided to go on a 7 mile run yesterday after work. Usually, this would be a normal feat for me, but many factors were working against me yesterday...but I did it anyway. I hadn't hydrated enough throughout the day, it was still in the mid 90's, said pulled muscle/pinched nerve, AND I didn't pick the easiest route. Halfway through my run, my calf started to get sore. But...being the freak that I am, I pushed through. I finished the run and stretched, but I still felt the ache in my calf. *Fast forward to this morning* Um...yeah...it still hurt. Not only did my butt cheek hurt, but now I had the calf on the same leg aching...crap. So, I went for my normal workout during lunch today and I felt like a gimp. I was gimping around like an old man. That made me feel old.

I have actually caught myself saying the phrase, "kids these days..." AND...it's been on more than 1 occasion. What's up with that?

I couldn't tell you what new shows are on MTV anymore. That used to be THE channel I watched all the time. When did this change?

Along the lines of the above point, I haven't watched a Real World, Road Rules, or Real World/Road Rules Challege in a couple of years. I used to want to be ON one of these shows! Now, I don't even know where the latest installment is taking place. So sad.

I've been out of college for longer than I was in college.

I can say, "I remember when _____ used to be here." This applies to clubs/bars in both Atlanta and Athens.

When did this change take place? When did I suddenly become old? I know that 26 isn't old, but sometimes I just feel that way. (and don't even get me started on how old I am in gay years!)

2 comments:

G said...

Hey Stephen, thanks for the comments and linkage.

It's funny - I'm not nearly as old as you (j/k) :-), but I find the same things happening. I had a long conversation with a co-worker last week about how messed-up the kids in school are today, and how they have no respect for other people. I'm 24, she's 23. When did we all become angry old men/women?

Stephen said...

Well, I'm glad that I'm not the only one with these thoughts. Maybe it's a sign of maturity? *gasp*