'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

A bird's eye view

No matter how much I fly, I still feel like a little kid at heart. I’ve done my fair share of flying, but I still have the awe and amazement of a first time flyer. I’ve heard the “I’ve done it so many times now that I don’t think twice about it” comments, but I don’t think I’ll ever get to that point. Without fail, I make sure that I have a window seat so that I can soak up all of the incredible views. I take a carry-on bag full of stuff to do during the flight (iPod, books, magazines, etc.), but I rarely open it to utilize its contents. Instead, I sit in my window seat glued to my bird’s eye view of the earth below. The geometric shapes…the cotton-like clouds…the bluest shades of blues…is this how a bird feels? We should all be so lucky. Will I ever get tired of it? I hope not…

2 comments:

Stephen said...

It's all in my head:) No, I have thought about it, but my camera doesn't capture all of the beauty...I need to buy a newer, better, more expensive one...

Lisa said...

Isn't that what they say about tri gear too?

I think part of why you feel that way is because when you are "there" and experiencing a view, your feelings, perceptions, and mood play a role in what the scene looks like. Cameras can't always capture that so when you get the picture back, it's not like you remember it.

Should I mention that some of my favorite pictures are from an old twin lens reflex camera from the 70's? Sorry for going camera geek on you. :)