'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Thursday, May 26, 2005

What Would You Change?

One of my co-worker's (T) last day is tomorrow. He came in our office to talk with me and M this morning (A is on vacation). He is leaving our company to pursue his passion in life--aviation. He's going back to flight school full time. He has been taking flight lessons and had been enrolled part-time in flight school at one point. Life, money, other things got in the way, so he took time off from flight school and came to work for our company. He's one of the 2 people that is my age here at work. I've been here a little bit longer, but he's put in a good 2+ years here. We, also, went to college together--we didn't know each other then.

We started talking about how/if we would do things differently now that we know what we know. This got us thinking...

Do I regret anything I've done? No, 'cause it ultimately makes me who I am today (I know this sounds cliche-ish, but I honestly believe that).

Would I change things knowing what I know now? Yes.

~I wouldn't have finished college in 4 years. What was my rush? Why didn't I take my time?
~I woulda been more dedicated to running in high school. But...since I didn't get burned out on it in high school, I kept running for fun...which made me better...which makes me enjoy it more...
~I woulda picked a more specific major or a different one all together...
~I woulda traveled after college. When else can you do this without obligations? This goes back to my "I've gotta finish college in 4 years and start a job the last day of classes" attitude. Yeah, I started my first job after my last class...again...what was my rush?
~I wouldn't have been so naive...but is that *really* all that bad? I think more people should be naive...

These are just a few of mine that I can think of right now. What about y'all? Knowing what you know now, would you change anything that you've done in your life?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would agree with you. I don't "regret" anything, but do know more now that I did when I was younger. It's just one of those things that goes along with getting older, right?

natalie said...

there seems to be a lot of "do-over" thoughts going around these days.