'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Friday, November 18, 2005

Simply put

'The core element running through my songs is the lonely path one walks through life, the connections you make, and the thoughts that you don't generally share with people. The songs are about life experiences that anyone can identify with. It's just about being a human being. And people seem to be connecting with that.' - James Blunt

I heard his song, You're Beautiful, for the first time today. Wow. Some people just have a way of putting into words the way most people feel. Brilliant.

My life is brilliant.
My love is pure.
I saw an angel.
Of that I'm sure.
She smiled at me on the subway.
She was with another man.
But I won't lose no sleep on that,
'Cause I've got a plan.

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw your face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you.

Yeah, she caught my eye,
As we walked on by.
She could see from my face that I was,
Fucking high,
And I don't think that I'll see her again,
But we shared a moment that will last till the end.

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw your face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you.

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
There must be an angel with a smile on her face,
When she thought up that I should be with you.
But it's time to face the truth,
I will never be with you.

If you haven't checked it out, do. I'm going home and download his cd from iTunes.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Good Luck tomorrow EB! Have fun and enjoy every minute of it. I know you are gonna do great. Oh, and have a great Thanksgiving. Just think, you'll be able to eat to your heart's content after. :) Lucky. :)

I can't wait to hear about it and it's going to be torture to wait til Monday. ;)

Stephen said...

Aww, thanks for your continued support, Lisa! I might be able to post this weekend, but we'll see. Have a GREAT TURKEY DAY!!!

Lisa said...

I saw this video this past weekend. He has an amazing voice and the video was cool. Have you seen it?

Hey Stephen, I'm sorry I didn't respond to your Marathon post earlier, I've been a little distracted this week. I don't want you to think I forgot cuz I didn't! :)

Stephen said...

At first watch, the video is weird, but then you get it. It's an amazing cd. I'm seeing him in concert, along with other acts, on Dec. 8th! I'm sooo stoked!

Oh, I know you have a life other than blogging--LOL. No worries--spend time with your fam and have fun!:)