'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Monday, October 10, 2005

What's been up?

~I’ve been arguing with the condo mgmt about the leak from my upstairs neighbor. It has leaked into my unit twice now and they insist that it isn’t coming from anywhere upstairs. They finally actually took a look at her washing machine drainage pipe and found out that it was in fact hooked up improperly. No, I was just making it all up…GEEZ!!! They had to cut through her drywall, so that might have been what they were trying to avoid. Sucks to be them!

~Busy busy busy at work…

~I went over to a friend’s apt to watch the UGA game on Saturday. It ended up just being him and me, but it was fun. Beer and chips:) Then, he invited me to a cookout at his sister’s house. His sis, bro-in-law, and parents were all there. It was only the second time I’d met them, but they treated me like they’d known me forever. More beer, hamburgers, chips, etc. Good times:)

~The Fall tv line-up has once again sucked me in. The Amazing Race, How I Met Your Mother, Lost, Desperate Housewives, Grey’s Anatomy, Related, Twins, Nip/Tuck, Will and Grace, Ghost Whisperer…just to name a few…

~Nothing on the dating front. When it rains, it pours…when it’s dry, it’s bone dry…

~The only numbers I’ve gotten in the past week or 2 have been from girls. ??? Hello?!?!?!

~In the past week, I’ve been asked to take in a stray puppy and kitten (on different occasions). By the time I finally decided to give in, it was too late. Maybe that’s a sign… I *do* want a pet, but do I want the responsibility??? I don’t think so right now. I’ll stick to Benny the Beta for right now;)

~With the events of the past week or 2, I’ve come to the conclusion that being a grown up sucks… Ahhh…to be a kid again…

4 comments:

Lisa said...

A pet IS a lot of responsibility. I love Spike even though he's a noodlehead. One year on my birthday, he escaped and got in a fight. The vet bill took all my birthday money. I told him it was a good thing he was cute. On the other hand, when I'm lonely or sick, it's more fun to curl up with him on the couch then it would be a Beta Fish. LOL.

Despite the sucky stuff, looks like you had some fun though. :) And the fall line up has sucked me in too...Lost, Desperate Housewives, Medium, Invasion, Night Stalker...

Stephen said...

See, the only time I really want a dog is when I run in the park or when I'm lonely. Pet...person...I'll take either--LOL. I'm glad to know that I'm no the only one that's glued to my tv these days:)

Lisa said...

Yeah, a dog for running with would be so much fun! They have a blast out running. It's what they are meant to do. Well, most of them anyway. Couldn't really see you running with a chihuahua or a pekinese. ;P You could start up a dog running business for extra cash. I've thought about doing that.

Stephen said...

That is too weird that you said that...I've thought about that! Plus, it seems to be a good way to start a conversation, too! hehe