'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Music...makes the people...come together

Isn't it funny how a song can change over time? Sometimes you can hear a new single, love it, then quickly grow sick of it because the radio plays it over and over and over...and over. Sometimes you can hear a new single, sorta kinda not really like it, but then grow to love it. Then there is the "moo" song--you don't like or dislike it...it's just "moo"--like a cow's opinion (it doesn't mean anything)--yes, this "moo" concept is from Friends ;)

Well, I was with one of my friends this past weekend when a "moo" song (to me) came on the radio. This was one of his favorite songs. It was interesting to see how his love for said song made me change the way I heard the song. Now, everytime I hear this song, I go back to that moment in time when he was singing at the top of his lungs and acting goofy. This song will forever be "his" song. It's not that I necessarily like the song any more or less--I just have a new association with it.

I was channel surfing the other night and came across Keith Urban's concert on CMT. He's one of my favorite country artists, but it's now on a new level. When he sang "You'll Think of Me," you could see his passion and the hurt he must have felt when he was going through this break up. He sang the country version, not the "pop" version, which is a little longer. Now, I like the song even more than I did before.

That's another thing I love about music...the associations that you put with a certain song...it just takes ya back:) Good times...

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I love "moo"! I say that all the time and always have to explain the Friends reference. :) That and "supposably".

Songs do that for me to. Whenever I listen to my favorite Beth Orton cd, it reminds me of a road trip I took by myself to Zion & Bryce Canyon. I had just gotten it and played it the whole drive. It brings back great memories.

Chris said...

I hope you realize I was singing that Madonna song all day yesterday. In fact, I've probably now assigned a reference between that song and this post in my long term memory dammit.

Stephen said...

Lisa--we have WAY too much in common! LOL And, the "supposably" thing comes up ALL the time. I was at the grocery store and this guy was on his cell. He was a little loud and he said "supposably." I just chuckled and said to myself, "dude--you just said supposably?!" LOL.

Lisa said...

It is kind of weird. You'd think we wouldn't. You're what-10/12 years younger than me? We live on separate coasts. You're a guy.

But we are both triathletes...birds of a feather, I guess. :)