'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

FREAK!

There is something that I need to address that just freaks me out. The particular gym location that I go to is quite busy. During "peak" times, they feel the need to pay a guy who "monitors" the locker room. He's an older gentleman--around his mid-50's, I would say. Ok, first of all--WHY do we need someone to "monitor" the locker room AT ALL??? What do they think is gonna happen? I just don't get it... He literally just stands at the entrance and walks around the locker room lurking about. This alone freaks me out.

On several occasions, I'll put my towel down on the floor beside my locker to go get water or a plastic bag. When I get back to my locker, he's already snatched my towel and put it in the "lost and found"!!!! WTF?!?!?! Dude, I was gone for like 5 seconds! Do you just follow everyone who walks into the locker room? This freaks me out AND annoys the crap out of me.

On top of being creepy, he's also a "bible banger." People who try to shove religion or their beliefs down other people's throats annoy me...period. I think that religion/faith/spirituality is something that is individual to everyone. If I want to be preached at, I'll go to church--thanks. He always inserts a religious note into his conversations. "So, where do you go to church?" or "well, the way I see it, God..." or "the bible says..." Totally inappropriate...and freaky...and icky.

He really put the icing on the cake yesterday. As usual, he was grossly meandering around the locker room when he decides to stop and chat it up with this particular gentleman. Mind you, said gentleman was getting undressed and obviously getting ready to take a shower. Did this stop him? Nope. They had apparently exchanged pleasantries earlier and he felt the need to continue...AT THIS VERY MOMENT...as this man was taking off his tighty whities!!! He started to make his way to the showers before the "monitor" quit talking! Invasion of privacy? Yes. Personal space? He has no concept of this. Common courtesy? Has none.

Freak.
Gross.
Ewww.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That's weird. We don't have that at our gym, thank goodness. Maybe you could send a note to the gym and ask them to set boundaries for that position. The staff should be making your gym experience more comfortable, not uncomfortable or inconvenient. Bleah.

Chris said...

How do I apply for this job? Although, I'd only take the job if I were stationed as the monitor for the female locker room.