'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Adventures with 1GAR: Bike vs. Power line

As usual, I was riding my bike into work on a beautiful Sunday. While riding, I usually have one earbud of my iPod on, admire all the pretty houses, watch parents walk their kids to school, pass by joggers/fellow riders...it's basically a leisure ride into work. Well, as I was doing said things, I suddenly felt a tug and burning sensation on my neck. What tha' heck?! And before I knew it, I was crashing to the pavement. Apparently, I had biked right into a dangling piece of power line! As I was brushing myself off, an on coming car had seen all of this unfold. She stopped to ask if I was ok, and I embarrassingly said that I was. I was more embarrassed than scratched up. Oh well. I proceeded to ride into work and cuss myself for my stupidity. When I got to work, I cleaned up my scrapes and put it past me. Note to self: watch for dangling things whilst riding bike.

Oh, and as a little side note: I did make more cupcakes for me and the roomies last night:)

2 comments:

Brad said...

It's all about the cupcakes, isn't it? ;)

Stephen said...

Apparently it is. They liked them so much the first time that they've been asking me to make more. I finally gave in. I make killer Salmon and Tilapia, too:)