'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A Song Can Take You Back

When I'm at work, I usually set my iPod on shuffle and let her go. Well, a song came on today that I hadn't heard in forever. It took me back to the Spring of '01...

I was a Junior in college and just started going out with my first boyfriend. I had met him through a mutual friend and we started to gradually hang out more. In between classes, we would meet each other downtown for lunch. It was just turning warm outside, so we would eat lunch in the warm weather and hang out. Once we started going out, he was either over at my apartment or I was over at his dorm. He didn't have a roommate, so he had the room all to himself. It really was like what see in the movies. We would skip class just to spend more time together. If we did go to class, we would meet up afterwards. Since finals were approaching, we would go to coffee shops and study together. Etc.

When we first started going out, he put his favorite cd in while we layed in bed. Halfway through the cd, I heard a song that I really liked. He put it on repeat and it just became "our" song. *This* is the song that played today. Isn't it funny how powerful a song can be? How it can bring back so many memories and emotions? I don't really think about C, but I did today. Listening to that song put me right back in that period of my life. It brought back feelings and memories that I haven't thought about in quite some time.

I hope C is doing well.

2 comments:

Brad said...

What's the song? Oh, come on, tell us!

Stephen said...

LOL. It's "Comfortable" by John Mayer. It's from his "Inside Wants Out" cd - before he got big.