'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Monday, January 29, 2007

Scenes From a Gay Bar

I don't care how many times I see it, I just can't get used to it. A woman isn't supposed to pee standing up. I don't care if you're a drag queen. Sit to pee, please.

Another bathroom first: I saw a girl pee in a urinal. No lie.

Drag show + straight guy in gay bar = trouble. This one bar in Atlanta is known for it's camp drag, and the main drag queen is very well known. So, on Saturday night, she asked the crowd if there were any straight guys in the house. There happened to be 2 groups of people who had 1 straight guy in each group. Let the fun begin. She called them both up to the front and proceeded to ask them questions. And yes, she asked if either one of them had kissed another guy. Both replied with a definite "NO." Well, well, well... She then asked the crowd if they wanted to see 2 totally straight guys kiss. Um...needless to say, the whole bar cheered in approval. And before you knew it, all you could see in the crowd were gay men with their camera phones out. It was so hilarious. Despite her great effort, the 2 guys didn't go through with it.

Why is it that I can't seem to like a guy who is totally into me? I'd met this guy about 6 months ago and he started flirting from the get-go. I'm a nice guy. If you talk to me, I'm gonna talk back. Well, he took this to mean that I was interested, too. Um...nope. Sorry. So, after that night, I just didn't return any of his text messages in hopes that he would get the hint. It worked. Rewind to last night. Who do I see? Yup. Once again, he starts to flirt hardcore. Maybe I shouldn't have let him buy me a drink or 2, huh? I mean, if a guy wants to buy me a drink, I'm not going to deny him that pleasure. I mean, that would just be rude. LOL.

My 2 friends and I had a little game going last night. We each had to find a guy that we thought was cute, that we didn't know, and talk to them for at least 5 minutes. Both S1 and S2 accomplished their task. By the time I found someone and mustered up the courage (or at least had enough alcohol), he had already left. And since the bars close at midnight on Sundays, I ran out of time. Oh well.

No comments: