'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

To Settle or Not To Settle

I've always stood firm on my position to the above topic. I'm on the "not to settle" team. I don't want to settle for someone, and I sure as heck don't want anyone to settle for me. But when does not wanting to settle cross over into the too picky category? Sure...we all settle to some degree, but when is too much too much?

I went out with a guy this past weekend that we'll call B. I met him a week earlier through a friend. In said meeting, a red flag went up, but I decided to overlook it. For the next week, we texted and talked on the phone daily. I had a pretty busy weekend planned but he wanted to get together at some point, so I invited him along to the 2 parties that I was going to on Saturday. While we had a good time, I just didn't feel it--even with the amount of alcohol that I consumed! One of my friends commented on how cute he was, so that made me think... Am I being too picky?

Said red flag...not a big deal.
He's 32, I'm 26...not a big deal.
He lives an hour away...mmmk...
He has 2 snakes...that just freaks me out.
He wants to get a tattoo on his entire upper thigh...X!
PLUS...I wasn't feeling it...

So, at this point, I don't think that I'm too picky...I just don't want to settle. I will overlook some things, but not too many things.

1 comment:

goblinbox said...

Good for you. DON'T SETTLE. It just isn't worth it. (This from someone coming out of a seven-year relationship... I settled. And settled. And settled. And the things that ended it were the red flags I ignored in the beginning.)