'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Balls, guys, pics, and a drunken call

I have a buddy that I've been playing racketball with for about 2 months now. He started chatting with me in spin class in an attempt to not so subtly flirt. He's not my type at all, but I won't not talk to someone just for that reason. He's an older gentleman (late 50's/early 60's, I would guesstimate)...but he kicks my butt every time! He *is* a good player, but he does things that I think are not exactly kosher. For example, he'll make a shot and then stand in the way of me getting to the ball. I realize that you can call him out on it and re-do the point, but he does it so frequently that we would be playing "re-do's" for most of the match. Also, he prides himself on "cheap shots." I know that they take a certain skill, but come on! I would much rather have a good rally and lose a point from that instead of a cheap shot! Am I being a sore loser? I honestly don't think so. I can accept defeat...I would just rather lose to a good player, not a blocking/cheap shot player...

I met a guy this past weekend at a local drinking hole. I was there with a friend watching the Georgia/Tennessee game (don't get me started...) when I ran into another friend. He was there with a group of guys celebrating a birthday. I had met one of the guys in the party once before, so we started talking. As the night went on, we continued to talk and flirt. I don't know how we got on the subject, but he nonchalantly said, "yeah...Robbie (birthday boy) is a good guy...I'd date him in a heartbeat, but he would never date me..." I don't know if it was the tequila shots that they were downing that clouded his judgment or what, but I don't really think this is something that you say to someone that you're currently flirting with! Is this a red flag? We've chatted on the phone a couple of times and have plans to go out, so I guess I'll see...

David is a weekly, gay publication here in Atlanta. It consists of editorials, going on's for the week/weekend, ads, pictures, etc. This week, one of my friends was on one of the picture pages. For the life of him, he couldn't remember when he had gotten this picture taken. And then it came to him... He and I had gone to an Art Walk one Friday night. Individual art galleries within an art gallery were showcasing the works of their various artists. Food, wine, cocktails, cute boys...it was a fun pre-going out event to go to. While we were there, a photographer from David asked if he could take our picture. Yes, OUR picture! Evidently, I didn't make the cut. S found this particularly ironic because he thought that they wanted to take the picture because of me--since I was the "younger, cuter one" (according to him). Talk about a shot to the ego! I guess I wasn't David material that night...lol.

While strolling down the isles of Target, I recieved a phone call from my little-big sis. I call her this because she is smaller than me physically, but older than me. Normally, this would not be a blog-worthy topic...if it weren't for the fact that it was a drunken call! A little background...she's 29, married, has 2 kids (4 and 5), and hardly drinks. When, and if, she drinks, it's usually just one drink. She and the family had gone to Pigeon Forge for a long weekend getaway. Not knowing that it was a dry county, all they could buy was beer. She called to tell me that she missed her "drinking buddy" and chatted nonstop for about an hour. Makes a bro proud...

No comments: