'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Friday, December 09, 2005

Section 102, Row U, Seat 24

I went to the Star94 T-Mobile Jingle Jam featuring Howie Day, Gavin Degraw, James Blunt, Jason Mraz, and Switchfoot (that was for you, TC;) ) last night. It was a kick@$$ concert! All of the performances were great!

Howie Day--just him and his guitar. He opened up with 5 songs. Acoustically, lyrically, vocally great!
Gavin Degraw--one of the main reasons I bought tickets. Soulful, a great singer/performer, simply awesome.
James Blunt--THE reason I bought tickets. He's my new favorite artist. Lyrics--awesome. Performance--awesome. He switched it up and did an acoustic version of a song that he normally plays on the piano. Freakin' kick@$$!!!
Jason Mraz--the biggest surprise performance (for me). You can just tell that he loves to be on stage and sing his heart out. Period. He's just doing his thing...and enjoying every minute of it!
Switchfoot--your typical rock band. Great songs and performance.

Here are some interesting things that happened at the concert:

~One of the Star94 promotions employees was proposed to...on stage! It was just so sweet. You could tell that the guy was hella nervous! What guts! He professed his love and proposed to her in front of 13,000 people!!!
~A mother (30ish, I would say) and her 2 boys (around 5 and 8) were sitting in front of us. The 5 year old was a little entertainer! He was shaking and moving with the best of 'em. So cute.
~A couple came and sat in front of us right before the 4th act came on. They were a young (in college), attractive couple. He turns around to me and asks, "Jason Mraz is coming on, right? And James Blunt just performed. And that's it, right??" I said, "yes, but Howie Day and Gavin Degraw have already performed..." He started freaking out--in a disappointed way, not a freakish way. Apparently, they had really bought the ticket to see Gavin Degraw and driven from Tuscaloosa! They had forgotten to account for the time change. I felt so bad for them...
~During one of the stage changes, a guy in one of the floor seats started dancing like a maniac to Usher's "Yeah". All of a sudden, all you could hear were people cheering and looking at this guy shake his groove thang. He was on the 2 big screens and all. It was great!
~Both Gavin and the lead singer of Switchfoot went out into the crowd and made a lot of teenage girls happy:)

4 comments:

Chris said...

I thought it was the "Star94 T-Mobile Jingle Jam 2005 featuring Switchfoot, Howie Day, Gavin Degraw, Jason Maraz, and newly added artist James Blunt" not simply "the Star94 T-Mobile Jingle Jam featuring Howie Day, Gavin Degraw, James Blunt, Jason Mraz, and Switchfoot"

Stephen said...

HAHAHA--touche!

Lisa said...

Woo Hoo! Sounds like a great concert. I like Gavin Degraw too. I had to laugh when I read about that kid. My niece is going to her first concert in March - Bon Jovi. My sister told her it would be her BDay present (she turns 8 this month) and she wouldn't be getting anything else for it. My niece was okay with that and is really excited about going! She knows all the words to all the songs but some she's not allowed to sing. The first time I heard her singing "Redneck Woman" I almost died laughing. :) Have a great weekend!

E-Dub said...

Concerts are just a blast! Even if you aren't particularly interested one band or another. The people that show up are usually feeling on top of the world and it tends to get on ya.

Stephen... next time we want to hear about how you got on the big screen whilst shaking YOUR grove thing. ;-)