'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Karma, concerts, oh my!

My scooter was stolen Thursday night. I came home around 8:30pm and was in for the evening. I went outside around 12:15 to see if it was still raining/drizzling, and to my surprise, my scooter was not where I parked it! Just to describe the parking lot for ya...the house I'm in and the house next to it share a driveway. This driveway leads to an open parking area for all the tenants. I always park and lock my scooter up to the back wooden fence. The handlebar was locked, so they had to have put it on a truck or else it would just go in circles. I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary from my apartment, either. Everyone who's heard about it being stolen all say the same thing, "Karma. It'll get back to them." I hope so... I had an accident on my scooter about 2 months ago. So...this makes me wonder...do *I* have the bad karma with scooters!?!?! Is it *me*?

I was off on Friday, so one of my best friends stopped by my apartment on his way out of town. He wanted to cheer me up, so he drug me out of the apartment and took me to a bar...at 1:30pm!!! LOL. We did a shot and had a drink. We sat there and talked and laughed like we always do. It's nice having great friends like that. It was just what I needed:)

I went to the Mat Kearney concert last night. If you don't know his stuff, he's an indie rock/folk/pseudo pop singer. He became popular via Grey's Anatomy. His songs just seem perfect for that show. This was the second time I've seen him in concert and he's just a great artist, plain and simple. He's not one of those artists who sounds totally different in concert than on his records - he's better! If you haven't heard his stuff, check him out!

2 comments:

Brad said...

I feel your pain. I bought a car for Justin back in the spring. He had it for a month before it was stolen.
Sorry about that.

Stephen said...

Aw, man! Sorry to hear about the car, Brad! It sucks and the worst part is that there is really nothing you can do about it!