'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Family Visit

I went up to my family's house last night for a Halloween/30th surprise Birthday Party for my brother-in-law's sister. I was both excited and apprehensive about the trip. Excited cause I hadn't seen my mom in about 2 months or my niece and nephew in about 5 months. Apprehensive cause my sister and I are like mixing oil and vinegar - it's good sometimes but doesn't mix well. All in all, it was great to see everyone. I don't agree with/like the way my sister treats my mom, but that's par for the course. She takes advantage of her, doesn't realize how much she does for them, etc. I just keep my mouth shut, tho...

My neice and nephew, on the other hand, are growing up so fast! I just sat in awe as my 7 year old neice read a book to me. She was reading words that I didn't think she should be able to say, but she's a smart cookie! Any my nephew is your typical little boy - always getting into things. And then they randomly run to me to give me a hug...makes me melt. I love them like they're my own:)

No comments: