'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Runner's High

I ran a 5K race this morning. Since I've been running marathons, this was the first 5k that I've ran in over 4 years. It was great to get that surge of energy that a shorter distance race gives you. I've never been a "conventional" runner. I don't do sprints one day and then hills another. I just run because I love to run. And the odd thing with me is that I'm better now than I was in high school. I've been running for 15 years! And most runners peak in their early to mid 20's. I'm 28 now and I'm running better than when I was 18!

This morning's race stats:
6th overall out of 500 (guesstimate)
3rd in my age group (20-29)
18:42

It wasn't my PR, but I was only shy like 3 seconds from it. The age group divisions were really broad, too. Usually, it's 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, etc., but they just divided the groups by decades.

Overall, I'm pleased:)

No comments: