'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Thursday, March 08, 2007

A Delivery

As I drove into my driveway last night, I noticed that there was something at my front door. It was already dark, so the only thing I could see was the reflection of something. Much to my surprise, my little niece and nephew had sent me a beautiful potted plant and 2 big balloons! The card read:

"Happy Birthday, Uncle! We love you! Love K & T"

This is THE sweetest thing that I've received in a long long LONG time. They had already called me on my way into work to wish me a happy birthday, so this was a huge surprise. I immediately called them.

"Hey Uncle!"
"Hey baby! Guess what I got?"
"You got it!? Yah!"
"Yes, thank you, baby! It's beautiful! Thank you so much!"
"Good! Happy Birthday, Uncle! I love you!"
"I love you, too, baby!"


The convo went about the same with both of them. Even though I know that my mom paid for it and all, they were the ones that wanted to do something for me. My mom told me that they picked it out and everything. They didn't want to get me flowers because it was too "girlie," so they decided on the plant.

1. I've NEVER received a delivery from a flower shop before. EVER.
2. I love them so much, so it means that much more. And they never let me forget how much they love *me*. Since I may never have kids, they *are* my kids. I just can't put it into words...
3. None of my "friends" remembered my birthday, so I was bummed. No one called, e-mailed, texted, anything. My co-workers and family were the only ones that remembered. So, this really made my day.
4. It's not the gift, it's the thought. The phone call from them first thing this morning was enough for me. They amaze me.

Thank you, K & T! Uncle loves you more than you'll ever know!

2 comments:

Single Guy said...

That's so sweety. I know what you mean about not having kids..my niece and nephew are like my kids!

Stephen said...

Yeah, I was just beyond words. They are the bestest!