'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Going Ons

I, being the friend that is always the "early one," had about 30 minutes to kill before meeting friends out for drinks last Friday (I know, I'm a freak...). Knowing that there is a Pier1 near the bar, I decided to stop and browse for a bit. I mean, they were having a sale for goodness sakes, so I just had to! While I was browsing, an older man walked by me and grunted, "Mmm!" not so casually under his breath. Ok, one - do you think you said that in a way that I couldn't hear you?! Two - Do you think that is a good come on?! Three - Am I gonna respond to that? NO! Come on, man. When is a grunt an appropriate form of communication?

I'm convinced. All the guys that I've met lately that I think are hot/cute are coupled. This past weekend was no different. I'm cursed.

I know that I'm a little slow to get on the bandwagon, but DVR is the best thing since sliced bread.

My brother-in-law and I both have birthdays in March. He's turning 30, so my sis wants to throw him a surprise birthday party. She's throwing this party before MY birthday! Mine is on the 7th and his is on the 31st. He'll definitely be surprised!

Best comment I've heard about the whole Anna Nicole Smith saga: Her life was crazy when she was alive, even crazier now that she's dead.

AIM question from a friend: "If you had a myspace account and moved someone lower on your friends list would you be upset? Basically I moved J from 3 to 4 and he was like why did you move me...are you upset?" This, my friends, is what I call needless, gay drama. Lord!

I've spent 25 out of 26 Valentine's Days single. Wow.

Favorite CD's at the moment: Katherine McPhee and Mat Kearney. I can't get enough of this dude. He rocks! I've got tickets to his concert when he comes to Atlanta in April:)

Within the past 3 weeks, I've bought a Volvo Wagon and a house. Yes folks, I'm officially old. But I'm happy:) More on this later...

4 comments:

Brad said...

Damn. A Volvo and a house? You are just screaming for some coupling!

Stephen said...

I know, right? Whodathunkit? Not even 27 and I'm old...lol.

G said...

Not just a Volvo, but a Volvo wagon. Nice, pops :-)

Happy Valentine's Day!

Stephen said...

Hey hey hey! lol. There are reasons behind it. I wanted better gas mileage than my SUV. Plus, I can just throw my bike or dog in the back - which I couldn't in a regular car. But, I know what you mean. LOL. Happy V Day to you, too!