'cause I'm not really anonymous anymore, if ever, since all my posts have "posted by Stephen."

Monday, August 11, 2008

ANOTHER brush with Death

As I was riding into work, I noticed that traffic was busier than it has been. I guess all the kids are going back to school, so I just chalked it up to that. Well, as I was making my way through 2 cars to get to the other side of the street (yes, at a pedestrian walkway, mind you!), I noticed a car coming at me full speed in the turning lane. As I tried to pedal faster, he apparently didn't see me or something, cause he never once tried to brake. Just as I think that I've cleared his car, I hear his front left bumper hit my back tire! Whew! That was WAY too close for comfort.

As my heart was calming down and I continued to work, I reflected on what would have happened if I *had* been hit... I hate when there are event in your life that make you question mortality. I had a very similar incident happen when I was running about a month and a half ago. Same scenario, except it was my right leg instead of my back tire!

I hope *this* doesn't come in three's...

No comments: